Do you ever feel alone?
Are you going through some very hard, confusing, turbulent times?
Do you feel that there is no one you can talk to and that no one cares for you?
We all have gone through turbulent, confusing and lonely times, but there is someone you can speak to during all the rough times. Jesus will always listen, Jesus will always be with you and Jesus will never judge you and He has a plan for your life. Jesus is the soul comforter and He is always in control.
- The simple truth is that there is a God who created you and loves you (Genesis 1:1).
- We have chosen to disobey Him and sin against Him; all of us have done wrong and failed to do what is right (Romans 3:23). We may not be more sinful than our neighbor, or we may be worse than anyone we know, but it doesn't matter we are guilty in the eyes of God (1 John 1:8).
- God is perfect, completely good and is always right and fair. He can't tolerate sin or simply overlook the fact that we have chosen to disobey him. The Bible says "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). This means that the fair payment for our rebellion against God is death, it's the punishment we deserve.
- God sent his Son Jesus to earth to die for our sins. Jesus was completely innocent, He lived a perfect sinless life. Jesus received the punishment that we deserved, He put Himself in our place, He died for you (Romans 5:8).
Jesus died for you, you can be saved by asking Him for forgiveness from your sins. If you are willing to repent (turn away from) your sins, He is waiting for you with open arms. It doesn't matter what you have done in the past, if you cry out to Jesus for forgiveness, He will not turn away from you. If you examine your life, admit you are a sinner and genuinely desire to turn your back on your old ways, He promises to forgive you.
If you would like to know Jesus, there are 4 simple steps to take:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner). "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
- Be willing to turn from your sins (repent). "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave. "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 6:23) "...For Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and He was buried, and He was raised on the third day according to the scriptures." (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in and control your life through the Holy Spirit (receive Him personally as Lord and Savior). "Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me."(Revelation 3:20)
A Simple Prayer
"Dear Lord Jesus,
In Jesus' name. Amen"
If you have prayed this prayer and genuinely mean it You Are Saved! You are now forgiven, a new creation and innocent in the eyes of God. Welcome to the family of God!
It is important for you to grow with your relationship with Jesus. You need to spend time with Him and get to know Him. The way to know Him is through the Bible. It is also important to find a church that can teach you and help you understand the Bible. To get you started, study through the Gospel of John in the Bible.
Have questions or want to follow up? Please call: 888-needhim (888-633-3446)